Please choose a subcategory
Semiconductors for highly reliable control, efficient power conversion and secure memory in communication infrastructure applications like Macro Base stations, Base Band Units (BBU), Remote Radio Unit (RRU) and smalls cells
End-to-end 5G networks are critical for seamlessly connecting people, businesses, machinery, and automated processes. 5G only works if every part of your network architecture is ready: across fixed and wireless massive scale access, transport, and core. Any network is as slow as the weakest linking connection. At Infineon we are inventing technologies for a 5G which will offer more than 20X the bandwidth of current networks and improved latency, all requiring the highest reliability (99.9999%) to allow an “always connected” network.
The performance improvements made in telecom power conversion systems have been driven by the reduction of the on-resistance achieved in high voltage MOSFETs. To achieve the current demanding, flat energy efficiency targets, Infineon‘s medium-voltage OptiMOS? power MOSFETs for synchronous rectification can be uses. OptiMOS?power MOSFET family, which is typically used for DC-DC brick solutions, coupled with gate driver ICs and microcontrollers efficiently powers the BBUs, RRUs, and AAUs of the macro and the small cells.
Infineon’s wide-bandgap technologies, such as CoolGaN? 600 V (gallium-nitride-based) and CoolSiC? 650 V (silicon carbide-based) for primary side and upcoming CoolGaN? 100V/200V for synchronous rectification enabling highest electrical conversion efficiency and robustness at attractive system costs. Infineon’s EiceDRIVER? gate driver IC family perfectly matches the CoolGaN? and CoolSiC? products.
5G is a next-generation wireless standard that will enable a host of new applications such as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), connected vehicles, and connected portable medical devices. 5G will offer more than 20X the bandwidth of current networks and improved latency—all requiring the highest reliability (99.9999%) to allow an “always connected” network.
The SoCs and FPGAs that power 5G small cells, radios, and base stations, require an increasing amount of configuration and boot code data to be stored and quickly accessible in order to deliver the high reliability, bandwidth, and functionality demanded by the new applications that 5G enables. Cypress NOR Flash devices are the ideal memory solution for these applications.
Unlike competing memory technologies like NAND Flash, eMMC, and SD cards, Cypress’ failsafe Semper? NOR Flash devices deliver the needed density from 256Mb to 4G with unparalleled reliability, performance, and more than 10-year product lifecycles.
Cypress’ Semper NOR Flash Advantage:
- Decades of experience serving leading global brands in the wireless networking space
- Unparalleled reliability with cyclic redundancy checking (CRC) and error correction; Failsafe
- Secures configuration image/boot code via secure boot and access control processes
- Up to 4Gb density to address larger-configuration images in FPGAs and SoCs
- Low-pin-count serial interfaces, including standard, Quad-SPI and Dual Quad-SPI, enabling a reduction in PCB (board) size, and smaller form-factor devices
- Low 1.8V power: features deep power-down and standby modes to reduce power consumption
- Octal SPI and Hyperbus interfaces delivering performance comparable to parallel interfaces
- Temperature up to 105°C without requiring heat sinks (ideal for outdoor usage)
- Qualified with Xilinx, Intel/Altera FPGAs and SOCs, NXP, Renesas, and TI
- Product availability for more than 10 years